Wednesday, February 10, 2016

You Are- a poem

You are the expanse
Of endless azure sky
The gentle breeze
That bring tears to my eyes
You are the emotion
Swelling in my chest
When I sing praises
You bring me rest
You are that inexplicable feeling
Covering me with joyous peace
Your presence grows
 My fears decrease

You are the roaring thunder
 the incomprehensible one
Who paints with lighting
And shines brighter than the sun
You are the one who wrote out
The laws of earth and humankind
You are wonderfully impossible
To understand or define

But still You are the steady voice
Inside the torrential storm
When the cold rain shoots down like arrows
And I cannot stay warm
When I shiver and feel like drowning
In the endless water and cold

You are the only refuge
The perfect stronghold
You are the one,
When I'm lost in the depths of sin,
Who speaks to me softly and says,
“Calm down, just let me in."
You realize just what You're doing
When You work inside of me
Remind me, forgive me for forgetting
That I am Yours, You have won, I am set free

No comments:

Post a Comment